Terroir Consulting’s dedicated consultants offer professional research and development services for the wine and beverage industry.
Market, Consumer & Sensory Research
- Consumer Research: market segmentation, focus groups, interviews, intercepts, ethnographies, online surveys.
- Sensory Evaluation: consumer sensory preferences, sensory attribute evaluation, product sensory profiling, labels and packaging impact evaluation, portfolio analysis, thresholds of acceptable smoke taint.
- Market Analysis: geographic and psychographic market analysis, export market evaluation
- Trend Evaluation: customized trends reporting, attitudes and behaviours tracking, brand fit analysis
Planning & Business Development
- Strategic Planning: executive coaching, family business strategy, organizational planning, stakeholder consultation
- Marketing Planning: brand planning, marketing strategy and tactics, analysis of existing brand for potential fit and path to entry
- Business Planning: human resource and succession planning, organizational and productivity evaluation, merger and growth strategy
- Export Planning: foreign market analysis and evaluation, export strategy, export planning, path to entry, and brand fit analysis.
Branding, Marketing, & Hospitality
- Brand Development: branding strategy, visual identity development, beverage label design
- Marketing: marketing research, marketing plan, website development, wine club set-up and development, professional industry writing
- Social media: social strategy and planning, photography planning, post writing and programming, social interaction management
- Distribution: direct-to-consumer system set-up, wine club development, staff training
- Hospitality: professional sales training, tasting room planning, tasting room staff training
Wine Professional Education & Industry Events
- Wine Professional Development: Master Tasting Classes, hospitality wine education
- Wine Industry Events: Sensory Symposiums, Tasting Games series, event planning, panel facilitation
Wine Analysis, Winemaking & Vineyard Planning
- Wine Analysis: professional wine quality analysis, sensory profiling, wine product development, portfolio planning
- Winemaking: winemaker coaching and mentoring, process planning, just-in-time advisement
- Vineyard Planning: terroir analysis, varietal recommendations, site selection, vineyard planting planning, viticulture practices coaching, sustainability planning